Monday, November 16, 2009

couldn’t have said it better myself...

Christine Caine is the founder and director of The A21 Campaign. The following in from her blog equipandempower.org and explains why she became involved in The A21 Campaign. Personally I couldn’t have said it better myself.

She says, “I will never forget waking up from a deep sleep crying and shouting “we are coming to get you!” The dream was so vivid as I could hear the cries of the girls trapped with no way out...and I could no longer ignore the screams.

The truth is, that had never happened to me before...waking up and shouting from a deep sleep...it was freaky for me...I wondered, “Have I been reading too many books about this subject, watching too many movies, talking about it so much that it had invaded my subconscious?!” Then I had to admit, God was perhaps arresting my attention and asking ME to do something about it. So, I with fear and trepidation, said one word that has radically changed my life...YES.

Freedom is a fundamental human right. It is for FREEDOM that Christ set us free (Gal 5:1).
ONE victim of human trafficking is too many
NO-ONE should be subjected to such an injustice
NO-ONE should be so brutalized, demoralized, devalued, used, and abused
NO-ONE should have their dreams so horrifically shattered
NO-ONE should live in such fear
NO-ONE should live without hope
NO-ONE should be the victim of another's depravity, greed and lust.

We the CHURCH cannot sit by and ignore that this is going on.
We cannot just quote statistics without realizing these are human lives,
Human lives created in the image of God,
Human lives that Jesus gave His life for,
Human lives who are sons and daughters of the King,
Human lives to whom we have been called to reach with the GOSPEL.

The spirit of the Lord is upon ME
Because He has anointed ME
To preach the Gospel to the poor
He has sent ME to heal the brokenhearted
To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind
To set at liberty those who are oppressed
Luke 4:18

Selah...we have no choice.

People are the most important thing to God...lets do what we can, with what we have, to rescue, restore, and rebuild the lives of these victims. EveryONE matters to God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment